People Get Ready!
Only three more sleeps till Wilkswood!
The best new festival in the heart of Dorset!
Predicted sellout – last chance for weekend tickets!
It’s just three more sleeps until the Wilkswood Reggae Festival kicks off this Friday July 14th for three days of roots, rockers, culture, dub, ska, lovers and dancehall. Featuring over 40 live acts, soundsystems, selectors, DJs and poets, Wilkswood is the best new festival to hit Dorset for years and is well on course to sellout its expanded capacity of 2,000.
The family-friendly festival has acts across three stages and headlining this year are reggae legends Brinsley ‘Aswad’ Forde (with full band), Tippa Irie and the Lockdown Band, Janet ‘Silly Games’ Kay and Mad Professor and the Ariwa Posse (featuring Sister Aisha, Sister Audrey and Chukki Starr). Elsewhere Mikey Dread’s Channel One Soundsystem, Prince Fatty Soundsystem, Dubheart, Unique Star, Ted at the Controls, Subajah, Disorda and a host of others will keep the peace, dub and harmony solid throughout the weekend.
As well as live acts, the festival will also have:
- A dedicated Kid’s Zone with workshops, entertainers and storytelling.
- The Little Picture House family cinema.
- The after-hours Shebeen.
- The best street food this side of Kingston (including genuine Caribbean cuisine from the Scott Arms’ Jerkshak, Purbeck Paella, wood-fired pizzas, delicious crêpes and vegan/vegetarian dishes).
- Bars featuring ice-cold Red Stripe, craft ales from the Dorset Brewing Company, Purbeck Cider Company and the usual array of wines, spirits and soft drinks.
- The Rumshak’s Caribbean rum cocktails and fresh juices.
- And we’ve even added hot showers this year!
There are a handful of Weekend Camping Tickets (for adults and children) remaining and all day tickets are now sold out!
Adult Weekend Tickets are just £80 for full admission, three nights camping and parking. And it’s just £40 for under-17s, £10 for under-13s & under-3s go free!
Book your tickets online using the GET TICKETS button below.